BECOME A RESEARCH PARTICIPANT
If you are interested in joining any of our NeuroMAP research projects as a participant, please contact us to begin the screening process with a confidential 10-15 minute phone interview for eligibility. We look forward to hearing from you!
This study aims to understand how activation of the immune system leads to depression in some individuals. The study involves exposure to a mild inflammatory stimulus, functional magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and clinical interviews.
- Study Time: 4 visits/12 hours
- Study Payment: ~$500
- Study Involves: Immune stimulus, MRI, clinical and behavioral assessments
Fear Conditioning Study
This study is investigating the effects of non-invasive brain stimulation on how people learn and unlearn fear cues. Participants will perform behavioral tasks and receive 20-minutes of non-invasive brain stimulation over a brain area called the cerebellum. The cerebellum is located at the base of the skull. Phase 1 of the study will not involve functional MRI. Phase 2 of the study will involve functional MRI. The study is recruiting individuals with anxiety disorders aged 18-70 years old.
- Study Time: Phase 1: 2 visits /4 hours without fMRI; Phase 2: 1 visit/3 hours with fMRI
- Study Payment: Phase 1: $95 without fMRI; Phase 2: $110 with fMRI
- Study Involves: tDCS, clinical & behavioral assessments, fMRI (Phase 2)
Neural Basis of Interoceptive Dysfunction and Anxiety in Anorexia Nervosa
This project seeks to discover how conditions such anorexia nervosa and generalized anxiety affect the brain’s processing of body sensations and emotional experience. The study involves:
- Study Time: 9 hours over one year
- Study Payment: $350
- Study Involves: Questionnaires, MRI, pharmacological infusion, clinical and behavioral assessments